Considered which pattern to use for a pair of high-waisted 1930s style trousers for quite a while, before happening on this pattern. It's not vintage but the trousers have that feel to them and it's easy so I bought some lightweight navy viscose, and set out on creating something other than a dress.
Here are the finished trousers which I think look a lot better than the illustration shows. I paired them with a genuinely vintage lace blouse that a friend gave me. I had a lot of repair to do on the blouse as the lace back was torn in several places. I replaced the back, added tiny seed beads to the bib and created a ribbon tie waist to make it more cropped.
Now I'm all ready for my holiday in Italy! Woohoo!
After many, many, many traumas with the zip and seam tape, I have finally finished the swing dress. I should have known it was going too well...
Anyway, all's well that ends well, and here's the finished article:
I did all French seams and even figured out how to continue the French seam neatly into a zip, a la...
All I need now is curly hair, which will sadly have to wait till after my holiday.
What I learned from making this dress: I hate crepe de chine; I love French seams; hand-sewing a lining is very much worth the time and effort.