I am just letting you know, I am still here.
I have had a hectic few months and had to put the coat and sewing machine to one side.
However....it is nearly done. I spent the last couple of months adding more beading and hand embroidery detail to the back, and today I got rid of the sticky-out bits on the padded lining and sewed the whole thing together.
I now have just a few finishing touches that I am determined to get done this fortnight:
- reinforcing the collar with some hand-stitching (quick job).
- adding fur trims to the wrists too (bit labour intensive).
- thinning out all the furry hems on the inside (quick job).
- sewing the lining and outer layer together down the central seam (quick job).
- adding a hook and eye closure on the inside with 2 decorative buttons on the outiside (quick job).
- Sewing up the bottom hem which is currently open to allow my adjustments (quick job).
Speak very soon with lots of photos xx