We Sew Retro

Friday 27 May 2011

Flowery and Flouncy

I love summer dresses, but I hate looking like everyone else and the high street shops are churning out the same old stuff year on year (must be running out of ideas). As a teacher I also don't really fancy bumping into students wearing similar clothes haha. I opted for view 2 as I love the frill, and a vintage-looking, small, blue flower print cotton.
It goes perfectly with the vintage shoes I bought from Affleck's at the age of 17, and just the right amount of 'girly' for me. I found a great navy and gold belt in Miss Selfridge in the sale bin that emphasises the waist as I'm not really into ties of the same fabric - I like a contrast.

 I used a pattern stitch to attach the trim, but don't have a great selection on my machine.



I also added a lining in flowery white cotton as the blue print was scarily see-through! I think I did a pretty good job as I haven't done this before .

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a wonderful spring/summer dress! The lace you added to th bottom of the skirt is fantastic and a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable dress! I like the print--it fits well with the style of the dress--but the lace just makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with lace and ruffles has to be a winner for me.

    ReplyDelete